Indications for recommending orthotic devices:
- To relief pain.
- To limit motion,
- Immobilization after surgery
- Immobilization after traumatic injury
- Compression fracture management
- Kinesthetic reminder to avoid certain movements.
- To correct deformity. Scoliosis management
- To relieve symptoms of a disease by supporting or assisting the muscular-neuro-skeletal system.
- To reduce axial loading, mechanical unloading
- To improve function in a certain segment of the body.
- Assist and improve movement and function
- Reduce muscle tone.
- Protect against injury.
- Provide proprioceptive feedback.
- Provide rest.
Effects of the orthosis may lead to:
- Decrease pain
- Increase strength
- Improve function
- Increase proprioception
- Improve posture
- Correct of spinal curve deformity
- Protect against spinal instability
- Minimize complications
- Assist healing of ligaments and bones
Benefits of orthosis:
- Improve function.
- Save energy.
- Increase endurance.
- foot orthosis, fabricates and repair the orthotic device
Knee, Pediatric & Spine Orthosis
- custom made orthosis- hip orthosis
- scoliosis orthosis – lumbosacral brace – Taylor brace
- wrist orthosis – finger orthosis – forearm orthosis –shoulder orthosis
Types of Orthoses
- Temporarily orthoses: Used for certain time after injury or operation.
- Permanent orthoses: Used for ever when there is muscle weakness, paralysis or deformity cannot be corrected.
- Static orthosis does not allow movement.
- Dynamic orthosis allows movement.
- Ankle Foot Orthoses – (plastic or conventional metal) These can be supplied to help control or stabilize the ankle and foot. For example, for controlling foot drop or stabilizing an osteoarthritic ankle.
- Knee Ankle Foot Orthoses – (plastic or conventional metal) These are used to help control or stabilize the knee, ankle and foot.
- Knee braces – There are various types to help control the knee joint.
- Stockings – These are used to help control swelling, help improve circulation and help prevent ulcers and Deep Vein Thrombosis.
Tailored to your specific shape and skin color, this low profile option can be customized to include your freckles, veins, and even hair—making it as realistic as possible.